Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner

wireless car play

7K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  bicepeak 
#1 ·
anyone have good brand recommendation of wireless car play unit?

#2 ·
I'm assuming you mean something to make the existing CarPlay system wireless. If this is the case then depending on whether you need iOS compatible. Android compatible, or both check different options offered by Carlinkit. You connect it via usb to the CarPlay system on your car and then it makes your CarPlay wireless.

#4 ·
#5 ·
So the dongle has to be plugged into a USB permanently to make your phone wireless? It would take the space where you would normally keep your phone? I am probably missing something, but wouldn’t it be simpler to just plug your phone in instead of the dongle? The dongle also uses Bluetooth like your phone does to achieve wireless.

#6 ·
It's not permanent; when you can plug it in the USB port it means you can unplug it too whenever you want. If someone's car has CarPlay but it is not wireless then they either have to plug in the phone using a usb cable or you use this dongle and your phone automatically connects to CarPlay wirelessly every time you sit in the car. It's about convenience.

#19 ·
"what you think is right about something you claim you don't need or use."

By Jove , I think he's got it !.....partially anyway. :ROFLMAO:
Indeed I have decided I don't need or will use it. I have simply told you why it isn't right for me. Others will decide it is just what they want and need, or not. There are many great videos on it which I found very helpful. I encourage everyone to watch them.
Also agree this conversation has gone on WAY too long. Agree to stop? 🙂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.