Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you!!! I will go over this brochure tonight! Btw, I'm a product from the 70s, and sheepskin seat covers were pretty popular where I live. Also it's blazing hot here in summer. Do you think these would be a good choice? Thank you!
I will post a picture after the tinting is done tomorrow afternoon. Incidentally, as I will be tinting the rear door windows from no tint to 20%, this is not legal in my state and officially I will have no written warranty on the tint. (unofficially, they will take care of me). 35% front door windows is about perfect for me, not too dark that you can't see safely at night, good sun rejection. I am also over 60 years in age, so have about 50% of the night vision of a 20 year old. Youngsters probably see ok with 20% tint.

No opinion on the sheepskin. I did have a car in the 80's with sheepskin and it is comfortable, but nowadays I like the look of leather (or cost effective good quality synthetic that looks like leather). I have had worse wear on real leather than some vinyl seats.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will post a picture after the tinting is done tomorrow afternoon. Incidentally, as I will be tinting the rear door windows from no tint to 20%, this is not legal in my state and officially I will have no written warranty on the tint. (unofficially, they will take care of me). 35% front door windows is about perfect for me, not too dark that you can't see safely at night, good sun rejection. I am also over 60 years in age, so have about 50% of the night vision of a 20 year old. Youngsters probably see ok with 20% tint.

No opinion on the sheepskin. I did have a car in the 80's with sheepskin and it is comfortable, but nowadays I like the look of leather (or cost effective good quality synthetic that looks like leather). I have had worse wear on real leather than some vinyl seats.
Awesome!! I am looking forward to seeing your Cross tinted. Yep, I of a similar age, and rarely drive at night. About the sheepskin, I will do some google searches, but I get what you mean! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hard to get a good picture outdoors. L model, so no OEM tint. Madico Black Pearl Ceramic 75% front, 35% front doors. 20% rear doors and rear.

View attachment 527
Your Cross looks soooo good!! This is really helpful to me. Mine will be tinted next week, and I will show them your Cross. I sort of feel like an idiot as when I booked the appointment, I didn't remember there is already factory tint in on the back windows. Te company told me they will put a ceramic tint on that will go on top, but it will only darken by a hair. The company also told my my front windows also have a slight factory tint. I wonder what percentage I should percentage I should do? Like you said, it's a bit hard to tell on your Cross, but I really like what what I see! My main concern is the UV rays being here in such a hot/sunny environment. Thank you, and if you have any thoughts, I am all ears.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your Cross looks soooo good!! This is really helpful to me. Mine will be tinted next week, and I will show them your Cross. I sort of feel like an idiot as when I booked the appointment, I didn't remember there is already factory tint in on the back windows. Te company told me they will put a ceramic tint on that will go on top, but it will only darken by a hair. The company also told my my front windows also have a slight factory tint. I wonder what percentage I should percentage I should do? Like you said, it's a bit hard to tell on your Cross, but I really like what what I see! My main concern is the UV rays being here in such a hot/sunny environment. Thank you, and if you have any thoughts, I am all ears.
Depending upon the brand --which usually correlates to price-- the amount of heat protection from the ceramic tints varies. But they all have the same UV protection. The optional percentages of blocking, which is oddly measured as transparency (opposite measure from blocking %) will vary some by brand. I got 70% (transparent, not blocked) for my windshield, which you hardly notice. I think that's the maximum for the windshield. I got 30% for the front side windows. Mine looks pretty identical to the pics, but I stayed with factory only in the back, as nobody sits there, thus the pricey UV protection didn't matter to me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, thank you so much for explaining this to me. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my appointment for tomorrow, but hope to get it done asap. I will talk to the company about 30% transparency for the front side. The company told me they are not allowed to tint the front windshield. = (. Thank you!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts