Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I just got my cross today and wandering if you guys have any rubber seal on the engine hood to seal splash water from the rain. I can see a big gap above head light that water can go through and get in into the engine compartment. Thanks

· Registered
381 Posts
Hi. I just got my cross today and wandering if you guys have any rubber seal on the engine hood to seal splash water from the rain. I can see a big gap above head light that water can go through and get in into the engine compartment. Thanks
There is a whole thread on this topic….

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You did a great job @kallsop it looks really good! How long did it take to get both installed?
Very fast, 5 to 10 minutes. The hood insulator clips into existing hood holes. The engine cover has a couple of pieces to attach, took me a minute to figure that out as there are no instructions, then it clips on. If anyone needs help, I'll remove/install the cover and take pictures.

· Registered
28 Posts
That sort of thing should be standard on every Toyota, but sneaky corner-cutting has become more pronounced over the years. My awesome little 2015 Yaris SE hatch 5-MT had it standard. My (crappy quality) 2020 TNGA Corolla SE sedan did NOT have it standard. My 2022 Mazda CX-30 Preferred-Carbon (mid-grade trim) included it standard.

· Registered
45 Posts
Is the engine cover made of plastic or some rubber material like those found on other toyotas? If it‘s palatic, does it have any insulation underneath? I’m thinking of ordering one that’s why I wanted to know. Thanks.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's hard for me to say what it is made of. Outer seems to be a fireproof fabric, inner is a little spongy. Quite thin and not as rigid as OEM, different to the OEM blanket in my Rav4 or Subaru Forester.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts