Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner

Underhood: engine cover + hood insulator installed

6074 Views 29 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  exitnine
I like how this is looking, seems complete now and not so much econobox. Cross L AWD + engine cover + hood insulator . . .

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
wow, nice work, where i can got those.....
Reactions: 2
Both on Aliexpress. Not sure if I can post the links here?
@kallsop I think you can post here, if not please PM me, thanks....
Hood Insulator (color PET)
Engine Cover (color Black)

Both items come with everything needed to install them.
How easy is the Hood Insulator to install? I'm not much of a DIY person.
Thanks.
How easy is the Hood Insulator to install? I'm not much of a DIY person.
Thanks.
Easy! Just included plastic push pins that go through premade holes in the insulator and into holes in the hood.
Any noticeable sound difference while driving with the cover and insulator installed?
Hi. I just got my cross today and wandering if you guys have any rubber seal on the engine hood to seal splash water from the rain. I can see a big gap above head light that water can go through and get in into the engine compartment. Thanks
Reactions: 1
Hi. I just got my cross today and wandering if you guys have any rubber seal on the engine hood to seal splash water from the rain. I can see a big gap above head light that water can go through and get in into the engine compartment. Thanks
There is a whole thread on this topic….

Any noticeable sound difference while driving with the cover and insulator installed?
It's my daughter's car, I don't get to drive it much. Did a brief drive yesterday. It seems a little quieter in normal driving, but if you floor it, it's still loud.
I like how this is looking, seems complete now and not so much econobox. Cross L AWD + engine cover + hood insulator . . .

View attachment 569
You did a great job @kallsop it looks really good! How long did it take to get both installed?
Congrats on getting your Corolla Cross @pljswatt05 and welcome to the forum! Which model did you get?
Thanks. I got a L model and plan it for my daughter car in other state. Nice setup and looking good 👍 Kallsop.
Thanks for the thread Bicepeak.
It's my daughter's car, I don't get to drive it much. Did a brief drive yesterday. It seems a little quieter in normal driving, but if you floor it, it's still loud.
@kallsop the same as me, bought the corolla cross for my daughter too, same situation.... :LOL:
You did a great job @kallsop it looks really good! How long did it take to get both installed?
Very fast, 5 to 10 minutes. The hood insulator clips into existing hood holes. The engine cover has a couple of pieces to attach, took me a minute to figure that out as there are no instructions, then it clips on. If anyone needs help, I'll remove/install the cover and take pictures.
That sort of thing should be standard on every Toyota, but sneaky corner-cutting has become more pronounced over the years. My awesome little 2015 Yaris SE hatch 5-MT had it standard. My (crappy quality) 2020 TNGA Corolla SE sedan did NOT have it standard. My 2022 Mazda CX-30 Preferred-Carbon (mid-grade trim) included it standard.
Is the engine cover made of plastic or some rubber material like those found on other toyotas? If it‘s palatic, does it have any insulation underneath? I’m thinking of ordering one that’s why I wanted to know. Thanks.
It's hard for me to say what it is made of. Outer seems to be a fireproof fabric, inner is a little spongy. Quite thin and not as rigid as OEM, different to the OEM blanket in my Rav4 or Subaru Forester.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts