Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
U.S. automotive journalists will be driving the Corolla Cross for the first time from Sept 1-3. Shortly after that they should start getting published. While we wait, share what you hope they will cover and any market-specific things you want to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reading their spec. sheet from June 2021, the models have just about everything BUT...2 things I'd like to see are : (1) 360º camera that comes on Asian models and (2) memory seats---for people who share driving a car, they're so convenient. I look forward to September...

·
Registered
166 Posts
U.S. automotive journalists will be driving the Corolla Cross for the first time from Sept 1-3. Shortly after that they should start getting published. While we wait, share what you hope they will cover and any market-specific things you want to see.
How did you find that out?

I like some features from the LE on the L like privacy glass and rear armrest from the XLE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone contacted their dealers around them to see if they know when they might actually receive them

·
Registered
166 Posts
Has anyone contacted their dealers around them to see if they know when they might actually receive them
Not lately. I am keeping tabs on cargurus.com. Cars usually show up there when they are on the way.....nothing yet. The dealers are listed there and will check when they make an appearance on the website. I will post here when I see something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum @Cory876.

I haven't and doubt that they have any dealer specific info. But some like the one linked below have started to post basic stuff about that probably comes from a press release.

What are you driving at the moment?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey @Cory876, Not much from anyone in my area unfortunately. At this point i'm expecting it to arrive towards the end of the year. Hopefully Toyota proves me wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Cory876.

I haven't and doubt that they have any dealer specific info. But some like the one linked below have started to post basic stuff about that probably comes from a press release.

What are you driving at the moment?

I drive a 2005 Honda pilot and I love it but it's starting to have a few problems and it has lots of miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey @Cory876, Not much from anyone in my area unfortunately. At this point i'm expecting it to arrive towards the end of the year. Hopefully Toyota proves me wrong.
I actually just got an email from one of the dealerships I contacted near me to see if they know when they will get one and they responded October they heard from Toyota that they will start getting them

·
Registered
166 Posts
I actually just got an email from one of the dealerships I contacted near me to see if they know when they will get one and they responded October they heard from Toyota that they will start getting them
Cool....maybe I should start to check locally again. Though to be honest I have been told lots of stuff about arrival in the past that was just to give some sort of answer. The only sure thing is when they actually have cars in the pipeline with actual serial numbers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
This is getting exciting ! I sent feelers out to every dealership in the area. The best response so far was one that said he should have sample cars next month for dealer orientation ! He said he would be happy to have me attend and will contact me. Will have to wait longer for sales and may be end of the year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Am I reading to much into this line from a press release about the the 50 millionth Corolla built?

"The new Mazda Toyota Manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama, began building the all-new Toyota Corolla Cross this year." If this is literal and they are actually assembling cars as we speak, can it be long before we see one, and see pricing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The manufacturing facility in Huntsville is called "Mazda Toyota Manufacturing" (or MTM). If you do a deep dive internet search, MTM says that, when fully staffed, they want 4,000 employees with 3,000 line workers to produce the 2 lines of vehicles. They don't have all the workers they need yet and are actively hiring ($17/hr to start, 2 shifts, health plan, 6% contribution to the 401K plan after 60 days, extensive training etc). Not having their full compliment of workers could be bad or good depending upon how you look at it. (ie new factories always start producing/assembling a small number of vehicles with a small number of workers as they work the inevitable kinks out of the line). So...as with you, fingers crossed...

·
Registered
166 Posts
The manufacturing facility in Huntsville is called "Mazda Toyota Manufacturing" (or MTM). If you do a deep dive internet search, MTM says that, when fully staffed, they want 4,000 employees with 3,000 line workers to produce the 2 lines of vehicles. They don't have all the workers they need yet and are actively hiring ($17/hr to start, 2 shifts, health plan, 6% contribution to the 401K plan after 60 days, extensive training etc). Not having their full compliment of workers could be bad or good depending upon how you look at it. (ie new factories always start producing/assembling a small number of vehicles with a small number of workers as they work the inevitable kinks out of the line). So...as with you, fingers crossed...
Good evaluation.
At the very least, a good supply of sample vehicles will allow more dealers to have a couple of cars for people to see. I think it would be good to promote preorders too.

Actually, I wouldn’t just snatch one up anyway. I still have to make the difficult decision of whether to replace my old car or not. I just want to see the darn things!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bicespeak--I'm with you. I also don't know whether to replace my old car yet; and, I have a personal rule: never buy the first year model of any vehicle--even if it's a Toyota!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good point and It has been built in many countries already for awhile now. On the other hand, it would be new to factory workers here.
That's also true I still haven't decided I am stuck between two cars the Corolla cross or the Corolla hatchback. I'm just going to wait until the Corolla cross comes out to see it in person before I make a decision.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts