Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner

Pricing speculation ?

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  yoshidude2009 
#1 ·
While we are waiting for pricing to come out, I have a few guesses on pricing.

Studying the spec sheet, it appears the "L" level Cross is highly de-contented from LE. That, and the fact that the C-HR doesn't even have an "L" leads me to speculate that Toyota will be aggressive on keeping that level with a very low price. (Maybe even lower than the C-HR LE.)
I think it will be strong outreach to small sedan and FWD CUV buyers from other makes.

So, I am thinking the "L" may be very close to the LE C-HR, if not slightly less. I also think the FWD Cross LE and XLE will be higher than comparable FWD only C-HR.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I think price is going to be the biggest factor the Corolla Cross does well in the US in a sea of crossovers. Since the C-HR LE is $21,595 I'm going to guess it starts at $22,595 or something close to that.

I don't see it being lower than the CH-R since it's slightly larger and more conventional looking but it'll be close.

#6 ·
Like you, I’m interested in seeing pricing of Toyota’s new Corolla Cross (CC) sooner rather than later. Based upon their introductory Press Conference June 6, Toyota seems to be on the right track: (1) Although the SUV is new to the USA, it’s been in the Southeast Asia market since July 2020 (hopefully working out any problems during that time), (2) the CC will have their more powerful 2.0 liter Dynamic Force engine (there’s a great 5 minute Toyota video on YouTube that describes the changes they made to the engine to achieve 40% Thermal Efficiency including dual fuel injectors), (3) While it will have a CVT (not a fan), the CVT they’re putting in the CC is their Direct Shift CVT (a geared 1st gear combined with a CVT--there are great YouTube videos on that as well), (4) They’re putting loads of Safety features in the car. The only thing it’s missing (IMO) is 360º cameras (they're available on SE Asia models).
Still unknown: prices, exterior colors, interior colors (other than black and black/white), and a “for sale” date. I’ll be watching this forum for the latest! Thanks for your time keeping us informed.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum ! I am really getting antsy for some news.
We do know the exterior colors. They are in the spec sheet that came with the intro.

Wind Chill Pearl*
• Sonic Silver
• Celestite Gray Metallic
• Jet Black
• Barcelona Red Metallic
• Cypress
• Blue Crush Metallic

#9 ·
Bicespeak: You're right about the exterior colors...I meant to say interior colors only. I like Celestite Gray Metallic...
HighRoola: The 360º camera on the Hyundai Tucson would be a nice one to have on the CC. As to the links, maybe this will help:
Transmission: (Engineering Explained)
Engine: (Toyota of Canada).
They're really interesting...enjoy...

#13 · (Edited)
Here are the pricing numbers for Colombia as of July 2021:

• Corolla Cross XLi petrol: $84.900.000 - 22.000 USD
  • Corolla Cross XEi petrol: $100.600.000 - 26.069 USD
  • Corolla Cross XEi HV (hybrid): $93.700.000 - 24.281 USD
  • Corolla Cross SE-G HV (hybrid): $109.300.000 - 28324 USD
Here in Colombia we have a 5% import tax on hybrid cars and a 30 -35% import tax for gas cars! Yeah its really bad so car brands usually trim off accessories in order to keep prices competitive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.