Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Markups, that ugly word, has entered the conversation. Just talking to a dealer and he can offer me a deal on a Cross for $4000 over MSRP. Who here would pay that just to be the first on your block to own one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No one should be desperate enough to pay OVER MSRP for any car...including a Corolla Cross. BUT...this conversation did provide you with valuable data: You know which Toyota dealer to scratch off your "dealers to buy from" list!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So true and I don’t intend to pay more. Unfortunately that means I will have to wait a couple of years because I think all of them will have a markup.
There is an extreme holdup on cars and supplies to build them so things look bleak for the immediate future.

I contacted many other dealers and they won’t comment on markups until they actually arrive and will go by what the management decides at that point.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
On the bright side, I have found two dealers out of state that only have all weather mats and nothing else as an add on. One is jet black which I don’t care for and I don’t know the color of the second one yet. No markup, or no deal, of course , but not holding my breath there.

Oh, I see they are both Jet Black.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great news....just got a call from Big2 Toyota in Chandler AZ. He said they NEVER markup vehicles there. He has some "L" coming in but a couple of weeks after an XLE which should be here soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts