Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just reserved my new Cross which is said to be in around the end of September. I just have a few questions. Reviews if read/watched all talk about how slow and noisy it is. Is it really that bad, or just a bit of exacgeration? Also has anyone tried it now in the snow yet? I live in the midwest so driving in the snow is a big deal.

Anyways thanks for taking your time and I look forward to interacting with everyone on here!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The "slow and noisy" talk is just that in my opinion. I have an XLE FWD Cross and find the ride quiet and smooth. Handling with the EPS (electric power steering) is just right - neither sluggish nor overly "loose." Yes, the engine is no powerhouse, but I don't drive like most reviewers who tend to smash the gas and over rev the engine. There's power if you need it; remember that the Cross has a dual fuel injection system - port and direct - which can be noisy at high revs, but you get good response and the port system reduces carbon build up. The Cross is designed for decent mileage not racing. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "slow and noisy" talk is just that in my opinion. I have an XLE FWD Cross and find the ride quiet and smooth. Handling with the EPS (electric power steering) is just right - neither sluggish nor overly "loose." Yes, the engine is no powerhouse, but I don't drive like most reviewers who tend to smash the gas and over rev the engine. There's power if you need it; remember that the Cross has a dual fuel injection system - port and direct - which can be noisy at high revs, but you get good response and the port system reduces carbon build up. The Cross is designed for decent mileage not racing. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi I had my Corolla Cross last winter and it was excellent in the snow. BTW I have AWD if that matters. Hope you got the heated seats. Have fun, the s-word will be here before we know it.
That’s awesome to hear. Mine would be AWD with heated seats as well. Had to get the heated seats! Just waiting for it to be built right now

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m waiting for my Cross XLE to come in (in the next few days) but I did drive another Cross XLE at the dealership. After watching dozens of YouTube videos, I was expecting it to feel super slow but It felt fine. Better than I imagined actually. It’s not fast by any measure but I don‘t think people buy this car expecting it to be a sports car. This car is ideal for people who like to chill when they drive. For those who want speed, probably best to get something else. As for it being loud, yeah if you floor it (I did during the test drive) it does get loud and the sound isn’t the best engine sound you’ll hear BUT if you drive it easy, it’s very quiet and smooth. Not sure about how it’ll be on the freeway. We’ll see after I get mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
drives great on the highway....and you can pass people easy with little effort, as long as they're not going 90. the AWD does ride nicer due to the different suspension and drivetrain, and mpg will be lower due to it being a bit heavier and the additional drivetrain components used (more parts, more friction)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed. A little sluggish after 50mph but you covered that. Great car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts