Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
we ordered an LE Premium AWD back in mid March. The salesman said two months wait, have your new vehicle in June. Next time we spoke it was late July, then late August. Last week he said don't worry, your new car will be on our lot in mid September. WTH? He checks every day, and had a few orders filled last week, but says it's sparatic, cars show up without notice. Not a good time to buy a new car

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Cross XLE suddenly became available 04/18 so I did the credit application and the deposit 04/21. This vehicle was built and in transit according to the dealership, but I have yet to receive an ETA. Apparently, the Toyota tracking system has been down since last week. The salesman said it could be a week etc. from the inital day I talk to him 04/18 but I suspect it will be a lot longer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Regarding the current perception about not knowing when a vehicle will get to the dealer….this has always been the case. I recall many times when I was contacting many dealers about a new model coming to dealers, they could only get a ballpark time. This was before any of the supply problems we see today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer called yesterday to say my XLE FWD is delayed - again; delivery pushed back to early June from mid-May. My order went in on December 23, 2021, 138 days ago. Build date was scheduled for May 5th, but who knows....:unsure:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My dealer called yesterday to say my XLE FWD is delayed - again; delivery pushed back to early June from mid-May. My order went in on December 23, 2021, 138 days ago. Build date was scheduled for May 5th, but who knows....:unsure:
I think Toyota is focusing on AWD more than FWD. I tried to get a fwd first but no luck. If I were in your shoes, I would be emailing every dealer around you to see if they have any xle fwd that are not spoken for. If your dealer doesn't have a VIN yet for the car you ordered, they are pretty much waiting for allocation probably.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think Toyota is focusing on AWD more than FWD. I tried to get a fwd first but no luck. If I were in your shoes, I would be emailing every dealer around you to see if they have any xle fwd that are not spoken for. If your dealer doesn't have a VIN yet for the car you ordered, they are pretty much waiting for allocation probably.
I have a solid CC allocation & VIN for two FWD XLEs, one red and one white. Told them I'd take either, as they're both exactly the same setup. I give up second guessing the process; I'm happy just waiting.🥱💤

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kamran, I put down my deposit back on March 5, 2022 (I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba). The dealer said 3 - 4 months for delivery of our vehicle (XLE AWD Blue Crush Metallic). I'm hoping sometime in July, so we can enjoy it for half the summer before winter arrives again!
we put a deposit on March 24, told two months, then three, then four now they have no idea. Dealership was supposed to receive an update last week but got nothing. they are as frustrated as I am, well almost. we ordered AWD LE Premium

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toronto, ON: A deposit was made end of November. Nearing end of May now. Still nothing. This might be the worst service standard I've seen from Toyota in 30 years - Two Camry, Two Corollas, One Lexus later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
we put a deposit on March 24, told two months, then three, then four now they have no idea. Dealership was supposed to receive an update last week but got nothing. they are as frustrated as I am, well almost. we ordered AWD LE Premium
I ordered mine Feb 5th. Told 3 months. Now they dont know but my lease runs till September and I thought that could happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kamran, I put down my deposit back on March 5, 2022 (I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba). The dealer said 3 - 4 months for delivery of our vehicle (XLE AWD Blue Crush Metallic). I'm hoping sometime in July, so we can enjoy it for half the summer before winter arrives again!
I
on
I also live in Winnipeg and ordered a Toyota Corolla Cross AWD on April 5,2022. No production date yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
(A) Allocation temporary VIN on May 27th
(F) Production permanent VIN on June 21st
v-spec went dead, lost online tracking except by calling up the dealer
At dealer (Vermont) on July 11th, picking car up on Friday.
Corolla Cross L with AWD. (may sell it for the hybrid when that comes out. Very happy with my 2022 Rav4 hybrid)

·
Registered
80 Posts
(A) Allocation temporary VIN on May 27th
(F) Production permanent VIN on June 21st
v-spec went dead, lost online tracking except by calling up the dealer
At dealer (Vermont) on July 11th, picking car up on Friday.
Corolla Cross L with AWD. (may sell it for the hybrid when that comes out. Very happy with my 2022 Rav4 hybrid)
Welcome to the forum @kallsop! Is your plan to have both the Corolla Cross and the RAV4? Or would you replace the RAV4?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I booked my Cross in April. Initially they said 3 months. In the beginning of July they said it’s in production. But they are not giving me any delivery date. How long does it normally take from production to delivery? Any idea?

·
Registered
2022 Corolla Cross AWD LE
48 Posts
I'm in the St. Louis metro area. I went to a dealer on July 15 and put a deposit on one of two Crosses (AWD LE) that had been allocated to that dealer but not yet claimed by a buyer. I was given an estimated delivery time of early September. The temporary VIN indicates the car is scheduled to be built this week (week 31) in Huntsville, Alabama.

Finding information on the current manufacturing/delivery climate has been impossible, the only thing most have to go on is anecdotal reports and any updates the salesperson sends.

What I've gleaned so far:

• A 2-month wait (July to September) would be well above average. That is, I'll be lucky if I do get the car in September. Most buyers report waiting much longer.
  • Canadian buyers are waiting much longer than USA buyers.
  • I've read in multiple places that the car gets its permanent VIN on the day of manufacture, so one can usually ascertain that the car has been built once the temporary VIN stops working in your Toyota Owner account.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts