Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get the factory Crossbars with their Cross? The bars say they can only hold 66lbs between the both of them. I really hope that's not the case and hope it's a typo. I do a lot of kayaking and haul two 60lb kayaks almost everywhere in the summer. I think the car is still new for aftermarket bars as I don't see any. In the Cross's manual the roof can hold 165lbs.

These bars look about the same thickness as my Kia soul's and it can haul 160lb on the roof.

· Registered
6 Posts
Did anyone else get the factory Crossbars with their Cross? The bars say they can only hold 66lbs between the both of them. I really hope that's not the case and hope it's a typo. I do a lot of kayaking and haul two 60lb kayaks almost everywhere in the summer. I think the car is still new for aftermarket bars as I don't see any. In the Cross's manual the roof can hold 165lbs.

These bars look about the same thickness as my Kia soul's and it can haul 160lb on the roof.

I posted today in another thread. I just bought the Cross 2 days ago and was shocked to realize the weight limit on the crossbars today. Also a little peeved because we mentioned to our sales guy several times that we wanted the crossbars to load kayaks. But anyway, I found this while searching for options: Thule WingBar Evo | Thule | United States

It's temporarily out of stock, but it says it fits the Cross.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted today in another thread. I just bought the Cross 2 days ago and was shocked to realize the weight limit on the crossbars today. Also a little peeved because we mentioned to our sales guy several times that we wanted the crossbars to load kayaks. But anyway, I found this while searching for options: Thule WingBar Evo | Thule | United States

Nice find. I have been emailing Yakima over the months since they said drop date was maybe 9-12 weeks from April but nothing yet on their site. Looks like Thule might be using the exact same setup. I wonder when Thule posted theirs. I somehow forgot about them.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Looks like the Bar and other mount are in stock. The mount 187101 to mount to our cars is estimate back in stock on Nov 15.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts