Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Corolla Cross XLE AWD 2022
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have my Corolla Cross for about 1 month. There is an issue, may be related to the Direct Shift CVT. Every time it launch after a complete stop, from 0 to around 15 km/h, there is some vibration or slippery feeling. Is it the time it transits from the physical first gear to CVT? I can feel it from the seat and sometimes also from the steering wheel. It is more obvious when I press lightly on the gas paddle (not driving aggressively).
I tried to Google it, couldn't find any similar information related to Corolla Cross. But some Lexus UX200 owners have same issue, the UX200 should have same engine and gearbox with Corolla Cross. Below is their discussion:

I am wondering if other Corolla Cross have same issue or mine is having defect?
Thank you!

· Registered
2022 Toyota Corolla Cross LE
33 Posts
Hi all,
I have my Corolla Cross for about 1 month. There is an issue, may be related to the Direct Shift CVT. Every time it launch after a complete stop, from 0 to around 15 km/h, there is some vibration or slippery feeling. Is it the time it transits from the physical first gear to CVT? I can feel it from the seat and sometimes also from the steering wheel. It is more obvious when I press lightly on the gas paddle (not driving aggressively).
I tried to Google it, couldn't find any similar information related to Corolla Cross. But some Lexus UX200 owners have same issue, the UX200 should have same engine and gearbox with Corolla Cross. Below is their discussion:

Have you figured out what the problem is? I had a quite similar issue, car wasn’t vibrating a lot but I was hearing a cracking sound when from 0mph to 15mph , took it to the dealer, had to replicate it with a technician inside the car and said it was the AC Lines / pressure that was causing the issue.
They had it replaced a week after ( no cost) service was performed under warranty, car had 10k miles at the time.
Car arrived with a few issues… crooked steering wheel, heat shield plate making noise, the AC lines mentioned above…
Well, now I hear a noise of the rear brakes engaging when backing into my garage or anytime I hit the brakes when backing up the car.
Will address it next week

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I didn't figure what is the problem, and the vibration at 15km/h is still there. It happens no matter I have the A/C on or off. I think my issue may not be the same as yours, it is not A/C related, but speed is always the key which trigger the vibration. I have drive it for 6 months now, will bring it back for service next week. The issue is not getter worse, just about the same as before. Will try to talk to the technician next week.

· Registered
33 Posts
I got you.
Well, I didn’t mention before but I had absolutely no clue that my issue was related to the AC , I honestly almost never run the AC, I like fresh air, even in the cold weather, I do not open the windows but I don’t even run the heater.
So, the AC lines being the issue, wasn’t even an option in my mind.
Maybe it was just an excuse from the dealership lol
But I guarantee that the AC lines are not the same as the one that came in the car, so they changed it and the issue is no longer there.

my advice is… go to any Toyota service center and try to be nice with them, explain in details and ask to speak to a technician, replicate the vibration and I believe that you’ll be taken care of.

I said that because there are a bunch of shady Toyota employees that would treat you as “nothing “ and it’s like if it was a company policy.

good luck and please keep us updated.

· Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I didn't figure what is the problem, and the vibration at 15km/h is still there. It happens no matter I have the A/C on or off. I think my issue may not be the same as yours, it is not A/C related, but speed is always the key which trigger the vibration. I have drive it for 6 months now, will bring it back for service next week. The issue is not getter worse, just about the same as before. Will try to talk to the technician next week.
Any news about your post?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late news :)
The service was on today's morning, just came back from dealership. The result was expected and the root cause could not be identified.
1) A/C line / pressure checked and said everything is normal.
2) Performed a Driveline / Clutch / Transmission Concern Diagnosis, everything is normal.
3) Have a short road test, after multiple stop and go, I believe he felt / experienced the vibration. But he may not felt as obvious as myself within that few minutes, compare to I drive it everyday on both smooth and bumpy roads.
Result: Although he may feel it, he don't want to admit there is a problem with my Corolla Cross. He gave a tricky answer: "it feels the same as other Corolla Cross". In the previous visit six months ago (few weeks after pickup the car and I noticed this problem, did have a road test with technician) I got similar answer, then I asked if this is the case, do you have another Corolla Cross or demo unit I can try on? The answer was NO.
The service adviser said he ran through Toyota's database, no similar issue reported. They can't do anything at this moment. Keep driving and let them check again if the problem getting worse.
I think I will have to live with it, hopefully there is no safety concern.

· Registered
33 Posts
Oh man! Look, do not give up!
Nothing new under the sun!
That’s exactly what they do when they want to get rid of you or when they can’t really find the source of the problem because it will take some time.
Try another dealership, I mean, make it a case yourself.
Don’t let their laziness beat you down.
At the end of the day it’s your money and you are the only one that can make it worth.
When you go/if you go to another dealership, make sure to tell them the first one refused to look thoroughly into your case and sent you home without a solution…
if you are lucky enough they will try to make it work so they will keep you as a potential customer.
Unfortunately, that’s how they work.

one last option, find a very good mechanic, pay for a diagnostic and take the results to the dealership and tell them what to do or sue them!

I can’t stand situations like that.
Sorry about that and I hope you win the battle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts