Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner

Cross Tops Consumer Reports List of Subcompact SUVs

887 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jpmccormac
For Subcompact SUVs the Cross received a rating of 96 out of 100 in the January, 2023 issue of Consumer Reports magazine. It even outscored the highly regarded Subaru Crosstrek, which garnered second place with a score of 80. In all size categories the Cross still got the highest score.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
For Subcompact SUVs the Cross received a rating of 96 out of 100 in the January, 2023 issue of Consumer Reports magazine. It even outscored the highly regarded Subaru Crosstrek, which garnered second place with a score of 80. In all size categories the Cross still got the highest score.
Not at all surprised 馃檪
Not at all surprised 馃檪
Strangely, in the May '22 report on the Cross CR gave a mediocre review. I posted this back then; I guess they changed their tune since then. My post:
"Just read the review of the Cross in CR's May 22 issue. Overall score 68. No mention of which trim was tested - maybe the LE as price tested was US $28,329. Here are their takeaways:
HIGHS: Fuel economy, braking, cabin access, easy to use controls, good visibility, good space for driver, good avoidance maneuvering
LOWS: Noisy, feels underpowered, lacks agility, mediocre fit and finish, jerky "shifts" from the CVT, clumsy handling, rear seat short on leg support."
YMMV
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts