Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these dimensions for the Japan spec Cross. Pretty remarkable when put against my larger RAV4. Translated to inches, the floor to ceiling measurement is actually 3.7" higher on the Cross. Remarkably, the distance from the hatch to the front seat back is practically the same on both.

( Anyone know how to manipulate a photo to show it in inches?)

Vehicle Car Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something that doesn't jive is my RAV4 hatch opening is 45 " wide and the Cross opening is almost 54" wide. How can that be possible in a narrower vehicle ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the dimension photo, Bicepeak, I've been waiting for that critical data.

As for the volume, I assume the 487 liter (17.2 ft^3) applies to the cargo volume, but this doesn't come close to what I have previously found:
Cargo Volume rear seats up, down FWD 25.5, N/A ft^3, AWD 24.3, N/A ft^3

Lost in translation?

Question: Is there a standard practice for measuring the hatch to front seat back distance? Variables include seat fore/aft position and seat back rake. Also, the photo shows this as from the hatch bottom to near the top of the seat back, which is not a horizontal measurement.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the dimension photo, Bicepeak, I've been waiting for that critical data.

As for the volume, I assume the 487 liter (17.2 ft^3) applies to the cargo volume, but this doesn't come close to what I have previously found:
Cargo Volume rear seats up, down FWD 25.5, N/A ft^3, AWD 24.3, N/A ft^3

Lost in translation?

Question: Is there a standard practice for measuring the hatch to front seat back distance? Variables include seat fore/aft position and seat back rake. Also, the photo shows this as from the hatch bottom to near the top of the seat back, which is not a horizontal measurement.
Yes some of these measurements are problematic. As I said in a previous post, the width makes little sense being wider than a RAV4. Perhaps soon I will have a chance to check this out in person with my handy dandy tape measure. :)

Cargo capacity is a problem too because different parts of the world take this measurement in different ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts