Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2022 Cross XLE
25 Posts
Just installed WeatherTechs (as I do with every vehicle) I really like the form/fit/function. There are other mats, WT are expensive, but I've always been very satisfied with WT.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hurricane Ian wiped out my car, along with thousands of other cars in the Fort Myers area. I ended up getting my new 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross L AWD from a Tampa area dealership approx 113 miles away. The dealership made mats a none negotiable part purchase. I chose the all-weather mats instead of the carpeted ones.

The first time I cleaned the mats, I noticed that the mats did not seem to fit well, and the driver-side mat holes would not align with the swivel locks that hold the mat. Consequently, only one of the swivel locks could be locked. I did a little investigating and found out that the Dealership sold me the 2WD mats, which are different from the AWD mats. I called the Tampa area dealership and talked to the Floor Sales manager. He refused to exchange the mats since I was past the 30 days and offered to sell me the correct mats at cost. After a rigorous discussion, he said he would talk to someone else. Initially, he would not want to give me his full name, his position at the dealership, or a timeframe when he would call me back. After pressing him, I eventually got my answers. I stopped in my local Toyota Dealership and got a printout of the AWD and 2WD mat part numbers. The parts lady knew that there was a difference. On my way out, I explained my situation to a Fort Myers Sales Manager and asked how to file a complaint against the Tampa area Dealership. This gentleman got on the phone with the Tampa area Toyota dealership General Manager and five minutes later, the GM called me and promised to order the correct mats and send them to me. I should have the mats within a couple of weeks.

It is obvious that when they installed the mats, it must have been evident that they did not fit, but they installed them anyways. I learned that you can't always depend on all people doing the right thing, but there are also good-hearted and honest people that will do the right thing.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts