Toyota Corolla Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, the first Cross owner to bring their Cross to Tempe, Arizona… and willing to leave their Cross for 3 days at the U-Haul R&D facility, will be rewarded with a free custom trailer hitch, free installation, and free lifetime unlimited warranty!

Bicycle helmet Font Screenshot Helmet Web page

Too bad I am 15 hrs away. I am not going to sacrifice driving time, fuel, lodging, and a week of lost income for a free hitch. But whomever close to them, please do! 😏👍🏼

Best regards,

CrossSaint 🥐

·
Registered
2022 Corolla Cross LE
7 Posts
I found the hitch from U-Haul! Hey, do you make that in 1-1/4" too (without a wobbly adapter)?
These are the same part number for FWD and AWD:

Draw-Tite offer a hitch, but you have to take the bumper cover and crash beam off. F*** that!

Toyota offers an "activity mount" with a max weight of 100 lb. WTF??? That's the bike rack and one bike?
Automotive lighting Automotive design Font Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
1500 pound towing capacity and the only hitch available right now is the accessory hitch? That doesn't make sense. I did see somewhere how toyota will be getting actual hitches for the Cross by mid summer 2022. By the way I have a LE Premium ordered. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found the hitch from U-Haul! Hey, do you make that in 1-1/4" too (without a wobbly adapter)?
These are the same part number for FWD and AWD:

Draw-Tite offer a hitch, but you have to take the bumper cover and crash beam off. F*** that!

Toyota offers an "activity mount" with a max weight of 100 lb. WTF??? That's the bike rack and one bike?
View attachment 390
The Draw-Tight hitch isn't as difficult to install as it sounds. The bumper skin removal will take some time, but isn't beyond the ability of the average do-it-yourselfer. The hitch crossbar actually takes the place of the rear bumper impact bar. I performed this seemingly daunting task on a 2018 Mercedes GLA 250 and it took the better part of 3 hours. But the Cross installation seems much simpler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts